My photo
We are in position to do something about our destiny by doing the right thing at the right time.
Donation address: O.C.K. PO BOX 581 Milton-Freewater, OR 97862

Friday, November 20, 2009

Welcome-Operation.Coupon.Karma



If you’re like me and have a ton of expired coupons just taking up room do something better than throw them away. Did you know you can send expired coupons to military families, who can use them for up to 6 months after the expiration date? Either did I, but I loved the idea. I connected with a family overseas about 6 months ago to send my coupons too. Then a couple of my friends and neighbors started adding their unused/expired coupons to my shipments. Well my overseas family is returning to the States yet we want to continue. We came up with Operation.Coupon.Karma and sent out a request for help to our different networks. We have set a goal of $5,000.00 coupon value to be sent overseas by April 2010.

If this sounds like a program you are interested in, but are too busy to sort and add, we would be happy to take care of that for you. Together, we are helping our military families stretch their hard earned money.

This is how we run Operation.Coupon.Karma to ship timely packages to our overseas military families.

-Pickups in local area are monthly scheduled dates. Mailed coupons, which do not need to be sorted, are accepted anytime.

-Coupons prep-volunteers trimmed off excess paper, sort(by category and value).

-Fill out customs forms. Secure proper mailing envelopes for international travel--delivery time varies per Military base location.

-We send to ALL those serving in the Armed Forces…so we can rotate each time, Navy then Army, etc.

The prices in overseas commissaries are significantly higher than those in the States and military families do not always have access to coupons in newspapers and inserts. Military commissaries overseas accept coupons up to six months past the expiration date. We would like expired coupons to be less than 3 months old to allow the military time to use them. We also will take unused current coupons to add to our totals.

Thanks (in advance) for sharing the savings!

7 comments:

maggiesmom said...

I will be happy to send all I have. I just dont see an address to send them??? :(

Operation.Coupon.Karma said...

Did you get our email back to you with address?

militarywifenmomof2 said...

may i have the address as well please?

bekkaanfinson14@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I have a bunch of coupons I would LOVE to give you to help out.

ntalbot23@yahoo.com is my email.

Jessica said...

I would love to send you all ofmy extra coupons. Where can I send them too?

My email is Jessica_Baldridge@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I will be sending a nice big box and from now on NONE will go in the trash. You are so wonderful to do this and so glad I can help. I am a huge coupon addict and the longer I do it the more coupons/papers I buy every week so look forward to seeing me Alot these days to come.
Virginia in CA

Nevaeh said...

I just put your post (hope you dont mind) on my blog to make other people aware of this since my blog is about couponing my readers would have extra coupons. I think this is an awesome cause. Two questions do they just accept the ones in the paper mail magazines etc... or can they also use the one printed on the computer? I to need to know where to mail them. Thanks Mindy here is my email thanks nevaeh113@gmail.com